Moving can be overwhelming and stressful. It is not a quick process and takes diligence and patience. So while moving you are going to want to do anything possible to make it easier on yourself. You can plan an organized move and make things easier on yourself by following this step-by-step timeline.
Two Months Before
– Sort and purge: Go through every room deciding what you would like to keep and what you don’t. Think about if any items will require special packing or extra insurance coverage
– Research: Start looking into Nanaimo moving companies. Get an estimate from each company in writing. Don’t rely on a quote over the phone, request an on-site estimate.
– Create a moving binder: Use this binder to keep track of everything. This includes all your estimates, receipts, inventory of everything you are moving.
Six Weeks Before
– Order Supplies: Order boxes and supplies such as tape, bubble wrap, and markers.
– Use it or lose it: Start using up things that are not going to make the move with you such as perishable foods and cleaning supplies.
– Take measurements: Check the dimensions of your new home to make sure that larger pieces of furniture will fit.
One Month Before
– Choose your move and confirm the arrangements: Select a company such as Sunrise Moving and confirm your moving date, costs, and other details
– Begin Packing: You can begin to pack the things that you do not use as much like cooking appliances or books.
– Label: Clearly mark and number each box with what is in it and where it is going in your new home. This will help keeping inventory a lot easier.
– Notify important parties: Alert the following of your move, such as banks, brokerage firms, newspapers you subscribe to and credit card/insurance companies.
Two Weeks Before
– Clean out your safe-deposit box: If you are changing banks, remove the contents from the box and put them in a safe box for when you move.
A Few Days Before
– Plan for the payment: Plan to pay your mover with a credit card, money order, or cash.
– Defrost the freezer: If your refrigerator is moving with you, then make sure to clean out and defrost it at least 24 hours before the move.
– Take inventory: Before the movers leave, sign the bill of inventory list and make sure to keep a copy for yourself. This insures nothing gets lost or forgotten about.