Exploring The Benefits and The Career Options Of Architectural Engineering
Engineering is one such field of study which guarantees a secure career after completion of the course. The most common confusion among all engineering candidates is about the course. The students are never sure which engineering courses, specializations, branch and discipline will be ideal for them. Therefore, it becomes important to gain an understanding of the subject before taking admission an engineering college.
Among the various types of engineering courses; Architectural Engineering is one of the most popular ones. This field of engineering is basically focused on constructability problems, architectural design, and economy of construction as well as life safety. Furthermore, it also deals with accurate design principles, for instance, environmental and economic implications, ethical, social and sustainability matters. In the architectural engineering field, the services that are included are exterior and interior 3D rendering, building and structural design, drawing, plans, sections and elevation, architectural drawing, architectural drafting, 3D modelling, and landscaping.
Architecture engineers have adequate knowledge about local laws, building codes, and rules and they also have high talent in craftsmanship. If you want to learn all these in detail then you need to obtain a college degree or a related course certificate.
Benefits of Architectural Engineering
Before knowing the benefits of this field, it is vital to understand that architects and architectural engineers are not the same. The architectural engineers have better knowledge of building systems and structural characteristics than architects. Although the architectural engineers are qualified in building design, like an architect; but, they approach the design in a more practical way.
Mentioned below are some of the benefits that architectural engineering or its services offers:
- Architectural Engineering provides the builder the chance to modify the look of their home and building.
- The engineers from this field of engineering have the potential to make any complicated architectural design as per your requirements and the entire project is handled in a more professional way.
- An architectural engineer applies the talents of many engineering guidelines to the operation, design, construction, maintenance, and renovation of buildings while paying attention to their influences on the neighbouring environment
- This field of engineering includes skill in architecture and civil engineering to give you solutions that unite functionality, cost and imagination.
- Architectural engineers with specialization in structures may comprehend and include not only structural requirements for a building, but also plumbing, architectural, transportation, electrical, and acoustic necessities.
- The architectural engineers use the innovative 3D rendering technology which allows them to be able to visualize in advance how a building will look like once it is done. This technique helps in saving time and cost on the part of the architect and the investor as 3D rendering is easy and lit is less expensive to edit the computer graphics instead of making another blue print.
All these benefits make architectural engineering a highly demanding field. These engineers on a frequent basis work on projects with professionals like civil engineers and electrical engineers. In order to become an architectural engineer and work in the government or private corporations, one needs to obtain a bachelor’s degree and also a license.
There are many engineering colleges in Delhi that offer five years bachelor’s degree program in architectural engineering. The program usually covers CAD, construction materials and methods, modern structural systems and design analysis. In addition, this program usually includes the study of architecture and construction management, which may be lacking in other engineering fields.
Even though architectural engineering necessitates information on all topics, most of the colleges now ask the students of architectural engineering to choose a specialisation. For instance, an architectural engineer with a specialization in acoustics will be a good auditorium designer or theatre than a traditional architect.