Health Tips-Helpful Home Remedies To Control Diabetes
Diabetes is the most common disease found across the world. In a recent study, it is found that worldwide there are 380 million people in the world who are suffering from diabetes and according to WHO estimates, the number of diabetic patients would be double by 2030. Today, diabetes is claiming more lives than that of AIDS or CANCER. It is a leading cause of heart attacks, kidney failure and blindness.
What exactly is diabetes? It is a group of metabolic disease in which there are high blood sugar levels over a very long period of time, commonly caused by insufficient production of insulin in an individual body.
Here are some simple home remedies to control diabetes:
1. Fenugreek (Methi seeds): “It has the ability to reduce sugar levels and reduces insulin resistance”, says a Diabetologist in Delhi about Fenugreek. Being high in fiber, it slows down the absorption of carbohydrates and sugar.
2. Jambul (Indian black berry): It contains anthocyanin, ellagic acid and hydrolysable tannins which works as very effective medicine for controlling blood sugar level in our body. It is a seasonal fruit, so whenever it is available in the market, include it in your daily diet to Health.
3. Bitter gourd: It is also known as bitter melon can be very helpful in controlling diabetes due to its blood glucose lowering effect. Having bitter gourd juice each morning daily for 2-3 months on a regular basis can control high sugar level. You can also have it as chips or stuff it in other vegetables for more taste.
4. Indian gooseberry (Amla): It is very rich in VITAMINE C which is very helpful in lowering blood sugar. Extract its juice and drink 2 spoons daily mixed with water each morning. According to a dietician and nutritionist, it is a good cleanser and flushes out toxins from the body. It also helps in weight reduction.
5. Aloe Vera: It is the solution of many diseases. Aloe Vera gel mixed with turmeric and bay leaves is very helpful in lowering blood sugar level.
6. Drumstick (Moringa): Drumstick or Moringa tree is also called Miracle Tree for its high nutrition content. It is rich in proteins and fatty acid which is the cure for many diseases including diabetes.
Apart from these home remedies, it is essential for a diabetic patient to keep in touch with a good doctor and take medicines regularly. If there is any problem in finding the best doctor for your problem, logon to DrRiight. It is a doctor listing portal which provides contact information about many experienced doctors in all the fields. You can also book online appointments as per your convenience.