Places In The Vicinity Of Bangalore To Let Your Hair Down
Working in a city like Bangalore can be a tiring experience. It’s true that the city is brimming with opportunities, but sometimes the long working hours can become monotonous too. Just for those times, fortunately you can find several fantastic locations in the vicinity to let your hair down. Let’s take a look at some of them. The IT hub of India, Bangalore, presents an attractive working culture to the newer generations. With several startups coming up from the city of techies, work can get a great toll on you health and mental stability. Thus, it is always better to take some time out and unwind. Fortunately, the city of Bangalore is bordered with some really fascinating locations that will help you to unwind and rejuvenate. There are several places far and near that you can explore like Trichy, Chennai, Vellore, Mangalore. You can easily take a Bangalore to Trichy flight or a bus to Chennai and relax during the weekend. But, for a quick getaway here are some places to visit.
- Bannerghatta National Park – Lying at a distance of 23 km from the main city centre, the Bannerghatta National Park is amongst the most popular wildlife sanctuaries in the region. If wildlife attracts you, then these reserve jungles of Anekal Range with an average altitude of 1200 – 1600 meters is a great place to explore the wildlife and have some fun whilst camping. During the day hours, you can enjoy elephant rides or go on a long trek in the BR hills.
- Nrityagram – This famous dance village located on the outskirts of Bangalore, was established by the famous Odissi dancer Protima Bedi in 1990. This dance resort is more like a modern gurukul and will definitely find the fancy of those who’ve a dancer inside them. Apart from the various Indian classical dance forms like Mohiniattam, Manipuri, Kathak, Odissi, Bharatnatyam, Kuchipudi, and Kathakali, Nrityagram is a great place for exploring the history and culture behind these dance forms.
- Muthyala Maduvu – Situated at a distance of 43 kms from the main city, Muthyala Maduvu is a scenic waterfall perfect for going on picnics. This small waterfall is located in equally enchanting pearl valley, one of the most popular tourist destinations near Bangalore. Infact, Muthyalu itself means pearls in Kannada. If you’re up for spending a quiet time surrounded by natural beauty, Muthyala Maduvu is the place to be.
- Savandurga hills – At about 50 km from the main city, Savandurga hills is amongst the largest conjoining hills in the continent. Situated at an altitude of more than 1200 m, this wonderful range in Deccan plateau attracts thrill seekers from all corners of the world for trying different adventure sports. If you like to get that adrenaline rush this weekend, then you can definitely try your hands into activities like rock climbing, mountain biking, rappelling, trekking and more. Staying in camps, away from the chaos of the city, the hills is a great place to let your hair down.
- At a distance of 48 km from Bangalore City Junction, 31 km from Ramanagara and 13 km from Magadi, The Savandurga hill is considered to be among the largest monolith hills in Asia. Savandurga hills are located at an altitude of 1226 m above the sea level and are also considered to be a part of the Deccan Plateau. This is one of the popular trekking destinations and one of the ideal weekend getaways from Bangalore.