Categories Of Filters For Spam Emails
In the fast paced world, emails are widely used as a mode of communication. The communication via emails can be for personal or professional uses and it is required to be in touch with the outside world. Email possesses features which have made it so popular like emails are instant and have simple user interface which makes it convenient for the users to handle it. However there is single hassle which a user may face while accessing emails i.e. unwanted spam mails which may appear in your inbox every now and then.
Every time you access your email box, the box may be flooded with tons of spam emails which are of no use at all. These emails are not only frustrating but it also contains viruses which can contaminate your devices or system. In order to get rid of these frequent spam emails, users have nowadays opted to make use of spam filter.
Categories of Spam Filter
There are two types of emails which are accessed by users i.e. web based email and the other one is client based email. These different types of emails have a unique setup and thus it requires the use of different kinds of spam filter. These filters have capability of blocking the unwanted emails with the help of Password filter, whitelist filters, challenge or response filters, and rule-based filters.
- Password filter is the most common form of filter which is useful in blocking emails without password, which means it only emails to come in which has a pre-set password.
- Blacklist filter blocks emails or messages which are sent by the banned senders. The wish list of acceptable messages from approved senders is created. The email is not accepted from the unapproved sender until and unless the response is altered.
- Rules based filter responds email messages according to the set of rules which have been determined by the email user. Hence a large lot of emails gets rejected which does not falls within the category of rules.
- Community based filter is another efficient tools which blocks email based on the arrangement of a community. As and when the user receives a message, the spam is sent to the server where a fingerprint is stored. The filter herein blocks the messages from specific users if various people have voted email from the user as spam.
- Adaptive filter is the recent kind of filters which is quite useful. Herein a mathematical formulae is used to examine the content of the email based on which the email is categorized as spam. The filter learns the formulae and based on the preference of the user accepts or rejects the messages.
Web Based Emails
This form of emails has free filter which can be used by the email users free of cost. This spam filter will work on the content which is provided on the spam or other provided black list of spam emails.
Client Based Emails
For these types of emails there are three kinds of spam filters i.e. server side filters, standalone filters and integrated filters.
- Server side filters: They check the spam at the ISP location and block them to reach email.
- The stand-alone filters remain within the PC, and then make sure to wash out from your email inbox.
- The integrated filter works in the same way as that of web based email filter. This filter requires every user or new sender to verify their email address.
Spam filter have proved to be quite useful to the users, as it empowers the email and provides you a system which is free from any form of spam emails. Considering above, it is hence recommended to make use of filters to enjoy uninterrupted access to emails.
No comments yet.