How To Plan An Office Move
Whatever the reason for your office move in Vancouver, relocating employees and to a new workplace is a challenging endeavour. It can cause ambiguity among the employees as their sense of community attachment will change.
Since most offices don’t have experience in undergoing such, they will often need help. Offices must make sure that there is minimal disturbance to both office equipment and employees during the move. Excellent preparation is crucial during an office move.
- Start planning early. Professional movers would suggest that you start planning your move at least three months before the actual move, so you will have sufficient time to go through all the aspect of the move.
- Office move budget. Ask your moving company for estimates about redirecting post and updating stationery. Also, check your insurance company if relocating to a new office is under the coverage.
- Office move checklist. Make a checklist of tasks to be done before and during the move. Advance tasks would include things like, packing and labelling and shredding documents that’s unwanted. Tasks that involve during moving day would include inventory of items to be moved and transferred to the new building.
- Office move plan. Make a rough sketch of the layout of the new building so movers will know where to place furniture and equipment. Address any problems with the employees before the moving day.
- Minimise downtime. If your move falls on a working day, ask the employees to work in their home during the moving day. Arrange a time off so staff will be available. During moving day, other employees can call clients to provide an update. A move is a perfect chance to remind clients of what you will be doing, so contacting them will be a part of your advertising push.
- Communicate your office move plan. Create a bulletin board on your office with the packing deadlines and the layout of the new office. Brief employees of their tasks and to answer any queries. Tell employees to take their personal belongings home for safekeeping.
- Assign office move duties. You can assign employees to clear desks, pack and label boxes or make a checklist of materials. Lifting expensive items, equipment and disassembling/reassembling of furniture must be done by moving companies, who has insurance to cover any damage.
- Move IT first. Make sure to make a backup of vital data. Or it would be better to transfer and save data on an online “cloud” so employees can access it easily. Instruct your IT team to go ahead on to the new office to set up the new workstations.
Thanks to Vancouver Corporate Movers for your next office move in Vancouver BC.
No comments yet.